Accidents and injuries in playgrounds, recreation parks, and surrounding areas are becoming more and more frequent. It is a heartbreaking thing when a child is injured or debilitated due to faulty playground obstacles. Our personal injury lawyer's can assist you with all of your legal troubles involving accidents occuring in playground settings.
From 1990 to August 2000, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports an estimated 150 deaths to children under the age of 15 involving playground equipment; at least 90 of these occurred in a home setting.
To help prevent injuries from falls and other hazards on home playgrounds, the following safety guidelines are recommended:
- Always supervise young children to make sure they are safe
- Not walking in front of swings or other moving equipment
- Not pushing
- Being aware of younger children
- Removing scarves or anything else that could get caught in equipment
- Taking extra care when using high equipment such as climbing frames
If your child has suffered injuries while in a home or public playground, you may be able to acquire adequate compensation. Pleasecontact Attorney Stephen E. Bloom.